In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products.
In my magazine I have both followed and challenged conventions.
Front Cover
For the front cover of my magazine I have followed the convention by using the same model on the front cover of my magazine as well as the other two pages I have done. This is the same as other existing pop magazines, like 'We love pop' and 'Top of the pops'.
Also the shot type for my front cover is a mid-shot. This is the same as the other existing magazines if they only have one model on their front cover.
Another convention that I have followed for my front cover is that I have kept the same colour scheme though out my magazine pages (pink and blue). This is the same as the other existing pop magazines I have looked at.
I also have a house style for my magazine. Me and my partner Becky have both done a 'My pop World' magazine. This is like the existing magazines out there, as 'we love pop' and 'Top of the pops'. They both kept he same house style so it is easily recognised.
I have used a lot of pictures on my front cover, Like the existing pop magazines.
I have used a lot of puffs like in the existing pop magazines.
My front cover is also very busy, this is a convention that I have followed because other pop magazines have there front cover very busy so that you always have something to be looking at.
The conventions that I have challenged on my front cover that my masthead is very complicated and glitzy where as the masthead for 'we love pop' is very simple compared to mine.
Another convention that I have challenged is that my colours are not so vibrant and in your face.
Contents Page
For the contents page of my magazine I have followed the conventions by keeping the colour scheme the same though out all of the pages that i have done. I have also followed the convention by using the same model on the the contents page of my magazine as well as the other two pages I have done. This is the same as other existing pop magazines, like 'We love pop' and 'Top of the pops'. Another convention that I have followed for my contents is that I have kept the same colour scheme though out my magazine pages (pink and blue). This is the same as the other existing pop magazines I have looked at.
I have also used of pictures on my contents page the same as on the other existing pop magazines.
The 'Hello girlies' that I have used for my editors piece is very friendly and similar to 'Top of the pops' with 'Hello girls'.
I have categorised my pages into 4 sections. 'Your world', 'Celeb World' 'Fashion World' and 'Prize World'.
I have used big page numbers doted around my contents page like on the other existing pop magazines.
The conventions that i have challenged on my contents page is I have used lots of different font on my contents where as on the the existing magazines they haven't used so many different fonts.
Another convention I have challenged is that I have used a coloured background, most of the time the other magazines just used a plain white background.
DPS
For my DPS of my magazine I have followed the conventions by keeping the same model as I did for the front cover and the contents page. I have used a different background and costume for my DPS picture like they do on the existing pop magazines. Another convention I have followed is that I have kept the blue and pink colour scheme the same on my DPS as I did with my other pages. I have followed followed another convention by using a lot of puffs on my DPS. This is the same as on other pop magazines like 'We love pop' and 'Top of the pops'.
The conventions that I have challenged are that I used banners on the top and bottom of my DPS and I haven't really seen this on any other DPS. I have also broken another convention by using only black and white writing, not coloured writing like in the 'Top of the pops' DPS.
No comments:
Post a Comment